Tuesday 13 March 2007

Digital Cameras for the Summer

I don't regard myself as a technically minded individual but I have to admit that having children has helped me embrace digital cameras. I've always enjoyed photography and surrounding myself with pictures of family or holidays. For the last 3 years I've owned a digital camera and at the moment I have a little compact HP model that is fine for quick snaps but I'm ready to try something a little more advanced. With Summer approaching I've been investigating and plan to buy soon. below are my top 5 digital cameras for very different reasons.

1. The Canon EOS 400D is in my opinion the best of the SLR cameras out there. If I'm going to buy something that allows me to really explore digital photography then I think it will be this great all rounder. Although it doesn't come with compact flash it appears to be an excellent point and shoot camera as well and at 10 mega pixels the image quality should be good enough for a pro.
2. Sony Cyber-shot DSC T50. I've always liked Sony products (I know you pay a little extra for the brand name). They always produce very stylish looking products and this is no exception. Although I'm tempted by an SLR I may also need to upgrade my compact so I have something sleek and stylish on me at all times. Built in flash, over 7 mega pixels and 3x zoom are pretty impressive and would be more than enough for my compact.
3. Nikon Coolpix S7 - I couldn't resist choosing something from Nikon, I just love the branding of 'Coolpix'. I know not a reason to spend money on a digital camera but I'm always a little irrational when I shop. I like the styling and the thing I like most is the huge 3 inch LCD screen on the back.
4. Samsung NV7. Another camera I have chosen purely based on it's fantastic styling. this ultra slim camera has a 7x Zoom, quite amazing when you see how small it is. From what I've been reading Samsung also provide excellent value for money and are a very underated brand in this country.
5. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7. This was the other SLR that I considered along with the Canon. It is well priced and unlike the Canon comes witha built in flash.

There are so many models out there that it takes some time to research and deciede which one to go for. Please let me know if you have recently bought a camera and how you rate it as I may still change my mind. I predominately used Cubalaya to source product and retailers.

No comments: